To protect your digital real estate investments, one of the most important steps is ensuring your domain is not blacklisted by Google. If your domain is blacklisted, then Google may not show your website or its content in its search engine.For domain investors, there is a free tool to check whether your domain is blacklisted by Google.
It is a free domain status tool from Bodis.com:
This tool retrieves the domain name status of up to 1000 domain names per request. The advantage is that you can bulk check your domains.Currently, Bodis return 2 states for each valid domain name:
- Faillisted status, a status that indicates when the domain can or cannot receive ads from Google ad provider for reasons such as click spam, trademark infringement, or other. When faillisted, this status is typically permanent. It means your domain is permanently blacklisted by Google.
- Blocked status, a status that indicates when the domain can or cannot receive ads from our Tier1 ad provider for reasons such as malvertising appearing on domain in the past, or other. The blocked status is typically not permanent. It means your domain is temporarily blacklisted by Google.
If you are a website developer, there is another way to check whether your domain has been blacklisted by Google. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Log in to your Google Search Console account. This is where you can view the health of your site, including any issues related to a blacklist.
2. Click on “Security Issues” under the Coverage tab.
3. Look for the message “This site may be compromised” if your domain has been blacklisted.
4. Review the list of malicious URLs and malware types that were detected on your website.
5. Address any security issues found and make sure you update your site with the latest security measures.
6. Once you’ve fixed the security problems, send your domain back to Google for a new review.
Checking if your domain has been blacklisted by Google is an important part of protecting your digital real estate investments. By following these steps, you can make sure your website remains visible and accessible to users across the world.