Are you considering buying a domain name by contacting the seller directly? In any case, purchasing a domain name is an important step when dealing with large sums of money. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of Escrow.com, Sedo, and Dan (GoDaddy) in terms of their features, customer service, and security to help you determine which one is the best for domain escrow service.
Escrow.com is an online escrow service that allows buyers and sellers to safely conduct business transactions. It works by holding funds in a secure account until both parties have agreed to the terms of the sale. As one of the largest and most reputable escrow companies, Escrow.com offers several advantages.
- Escrow.com is one of the most trusted and reputable escrow services in the world. It provides a secure, reliable and efficient service for both buyers and sellers. Escrow.com also offers payment protection for both parties and a money-back guarantee for buyers.
- You can be sure that your money is safe in their escrow account.Escrow.com is very reliable and secure with their advanced fraud protection systems and 24/7 customer support.
- It is very simple and straightforward to use, with a user-friendly platform for both buyers and sellers.
- They provide a wide variety of payment methods including PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bank wire, and more.
- They offer very low fees for transactions.
- Escrow.com have an extensive list of requirements that need to be fulfilled before they will process a transaction.
- For international transactions, you may need to pay additional taxes and fees.
- You will also need to pay a flat fee when you get refunds from Escrow.com back into your bank account.
- Seller have to receive the funds one week later. They are slow for payout, and for every transaction, the seller have had to prod them to get paid.
- Escrow.com doesn’t support ACH (2023)
- The Escrow.com broker didn’t send you an email about any details when the ACH was rejected, even if you were in Concierge Escrow.
Dan.com (a GoDaddy brand) #
Dan is a relatively new service owned by GoDaddy, and it’s reliable and offers a lot of features for buying and selling domains.Dan is a great reputation domain marketplace for domainers. This service makes transferring domain names easy and convenient for buyers and sellers. With Dan, they takes care of all the paperwork involved in a domain transfer.
• Dan provides a secure and reliable platform for transferring domain names. All transfers are encrypted with SSL and your personal information is kept secure.
• The process is streamlined and automated, making it easy and fast for buyers and sellers to complete the transaction.
• It provides 24/7 customer support to help with any questions or issues that may arise during the process.
• Depending on the size of the transaction, Dan may charge higher fees than other services.
• Higher commission fees than some other services. The buyer doesn’t need to pay any costs,and the seller has to pay 5% in fees,which is higher than escrow.com and Sedo Escrow.
• Brand new and not famous. You have to stress that it is a Godaddy brand.
Sedo is a well-known domain marketplace offering the sale and purchase of domains, they have been in business since 2001, and have one of the largest portfolios of domain names in the world. Sedo provides a safe and secure platform for buying and selling domains, with escrow services and buyer/seller protection available.It also offers competitive rates and a wide range of payment options.
- Secure escrow service for domain buyers and sellers
- Well-known in Europe
- User-friendly website for easy navigation
- Wide selection of domain names and web services
- A seller can put the domain into a public auction if it is a make-offer domain. You aren’t worried when you contact the seller in external escrow.
- The seller would be charged a standard marketplace commission (15%) if the buyer made an offer in the Sedo Marketplace before.